Sunday, June 04, 2006

The message...

My mother passed away about seven years ago.

When we moved, a few years after her death, I found a little booklet among my things. The One-Minute pocket Bible for Women. Inside, in her handwriting, the following message:

To: Dear A.


The blessings of the Lord Jesus for you!


May the Word encourage you when you're down
- assure you of God's love when you feel isolated & lonely
- give you strength when you're tired
- the neccessary information & words when you have to speak
- lead you when you don't know which way to go
- give you wisdom when you have to make descisions
- be there for you when you need a friend
& grant you total & complete healing from this moment,
until Jesus comes...

With all the love that I am capable of.


Mom.

Speaking to me long after she's gone...

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Train a child in the way he should grow, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

That Proverb has been my support through 5 years of children's evangelism.

My mother died when I was young. My maternal grandmother was my Godly influence. She died when I was 18, yet she is still here beside me now in word and deed. Her life was my example. She was a true and loving servant of our Lord -- as, I can tell, was your mother.

8:09 am  
Blogger 10apen said...

Charlene, thank you for sharing & commenting on this post. In unguarded moments it's as if she is still with me. She passed away, Monday the 19th June, 7 years ago.
Appreciate you acknowledging her deep relationship with the Lord.

God bless!

12:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities